Commodities, Exploration/Development, News, Nickel

Mincor hails ‘exploration success story’ at Kambalda

Mincor

Mincor Resources has added another string to its bow at the Northern Operations in Western Australia, announcing an initial mineral resource estimate (MRE) for the LN04a Surface prospect.

LN04a Surface has an indicated and inferred mineral resource of 576,000 tonnes at 3.9 per cent nickel for 22,600 tonnes of nickel, with 71 per cent of this classified as indicated and the remaining 29 per cent as inferred.

The completion of the LN04a MRE has significantly lifted the potential of the Northern Operations, which now boasts a mineral resource of almost 90,000 tonnes of contained nickel.

The LN04a MRE is also a 41 per cent increase in nickel tonnes when compared with the existing resource for the Long and Durkin North deposits within the Northern Operations.

LN04a Surface is also part of the Golden Mile, a 1.1km zone between the Long and Durkin North mines.

Mincor said the LN04a MRE represents a “step-change” for the Northern Operations, with the focus now to deliver an initial ore reserve for the LN04a later this year, with the potential to add mine life and/or increases in mining throughput.

“LN04a represents another significant exploration success story for Mincor, adding to the recent discoveries of Hartley (early-stage exploration) and the award-winning Cassini discovery, now Australia’s newest underground nickel operation,” the company said in a statement.

Mincor intersected first ore from the Cassini mine in March. Cassini is one of two key production sources for Mincor’s Kambalda nickel operations along with with the Northern Operations.

Mincor managing director David Southam said the completion of the LN04a MRE was a landmark achievement for the company.

“The delivery of a significant new high-grade resource at the Golden Mile is a game-changer for our Kambalda nickel operations,” Southam said.

“Delineating 22,600 tonnes of contained nickel in what is only phase one of a significant drilling program on the Golden Mile speaks volumes for the potential to add significant nickel tonnes quickly and efficiently to our operations.

“Importantly, the LN04a Surface remains open and we have extensive drilling programs continuing with the dual objective of defining an initial ore reserve, while continuing to expand the overall extent of the surface, both up-dip and along-strike towards our existing Durkin North orebodies.”

The LN04a MRE comes just 13 months after Mincor commenced drilling at the Golden Mile and represents the most significant new discovery since Cassini, the company said.

Previous ArticleNext Article

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Close
Send this to a friend